Monday, October 20, 2008

Bubsis Update

It kind of depresses me to even write anything here because unfortunately, there's not much to say...but a lot of you are probably wondering so I thought I'd post anyway.
No changes since last week for me, even though I had a rough night last Thursday with contractions and have been having at least a couple a day since then. You would have thought my body would have done something, but NO. Oh well...I have come to the conclusion that this baby is going to come when he/she wants to, not when I or anyone else wants him/her to.
I did some major cleaning yesterday (nesting?) and was really excited about it the moment I woke up. I cleaned places that I have never cleaned in the 3 years we have lived here (like the ice/water dispenser in the fridge and the oven drawer). Chris did the tub cleaning and mopping for me, but I basically went to town on everything else. I had some contractions while I was working hard, but other than being extremely exhausted and sore from the whole experience, it must not have done much in the way of getting things moving. At least I have a super-d-duper clean house now!
I moved the bassinet into our room so now we're good and ready (have been for a while now!) and Addie has been very curious about it. We showed her some video last night of when she used to sleep and play in it and it was fun to watch her reaction to "Addie the baby." She has been very clingy lately, even saying "my mommy" and "my daddy" so we think she is beginning to get the gist that something is about to happen! Here she is trying out the bassinet, obviously too big for it, but loving every minute.

4 comments:

Janice Knight said...

Even though I am rather anxious to meet the new little person, I think it's wonderful you have had these extra days to get ready and to share some special time with Addie. I'm sure Bubsis will be every bit worth the wait!!!!!

Becca said...

I think Addie is probably the best-dressed little child I've seen. :) I love to see her different outfits. :D Hope your little one comes soon. It would be pretty funny if it was born on Mallorie's birthday. I still think it's hilarious that you and Michal share the same birthday on the 7th, 7 years apart... and that my mom didn't realize y'all also share the same middle name until way later. ;-)

The McCrary Family said...

Glad that you got some good cleaning done and that you won't have to worry about any of that nonsense for a while. :) Addie is going to be a great big sister. You'll be amazed at how helpful she will be to you when you need her to be.

The Brace Family said...

soo cutie!! can't wait to meet your sweet babies!!