Friday, October 17, 2008

Boo at the Zoo

Tonight we ventured over to the zoo for an annual event called, "Boo at the Zoo." I haven't been to this since 8th grade and Chris wasn't sure he had ever been so we really didn't know what to expect. All we knew was that Addie was supposed to dress up and there would be treat stations giving out candy and different goodies. We were really excited to get her out in her Very Hungry Caterpillar costume I finished just in time for this early "trick or treating" event.

We walked through almost the whole zoo and received lots of goodies and saw a few animals (those who weren't already in bed anyway). Addie didn't really know what to think of everything, but she was really excited about getting suckers and animal crackers and even a glow in the dark lizard. One of her favorite things was a person dressed up in a chicken costume handing out candy. She just stood there and stared like it was the most amazing site!

When we headed through the Amazonia part of the trail, she was brave enough to pet a snake and a lizard that the zookeepers had out. I was very proud of her for not being shy or afraid of them and I even got lucky enough to catch pictures. She didn't say much while we were there, but she was wound up when we got home so I think she had a really good time. We will definitely go back next year, with another little caterpillar in tow!

Ready for the zoo!


Posing with her Animal Crackers

Petting the snake

Petting the rough feeling lizard

And yes, you might say I wanted to accomplish something else by walking so much at the zoo tonight...and so far, the contractions are here and there. I'm sure by bedtime, they will pick up and I'll stay up all night wondering if this is "it" like I did last night! The strombolis we ate for dinner were a bit on the spicy side and I even treated myself to a Coke so we'll see what happens. No pressure, but my aunt and uncle are in town until Sunday from Minnesota and Mikey, Chris' brother is also in town for the weekend. We all just can't wait to meet Bubsis, but I'm trying to be patient and let things happen as they happen.

2 comments:

The Brace Family said...

so fun!! praying for you and checking daily for updates!!

The McCrary Family said...

Love Addie's costume! I sure wish all of that walking would have made "Bubsis" decide to come.