Friday, October 31, 2008

Bubsis is Here!!!!

8 lbs. 5 oz.!!!!

Look at that HAIR!!

If you haven't heard, Bubsis has arrived....and SHE is just precious! Lydia Mae Knight came into the world at 8:55 a.m. on Thursday, October 30th. It was a LONG, sleepless night for mommy as I was having contractions 6-7 minutes apart for 5 hours (at home), but she was totally worth every bit. Around 4:30 a.m. something told me that waiting until they were 5 minutes apart probably wasn't a good idea since they were so consistent for so long and getting to be very painful. Good thing....I was already dilated 6 cm when we got to the hospital and moved very quickly to 9 cm only 2 hours after we arrived. Then after only 15 minutes of pushing, we got to meet our mystery bubsis GIRL!

She weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs. 5 oz. which was way above all of our guesses. Lydia is a chunky little gal with rolls here and there and she has TONS of beautiful, thick, dark hair on her sweet little head. At first site, we didn't think she looked anything like Addie, but now that we've gotten to know her better we can definitely see resemblances.

Addie and my mom arrived at the hospital shortly after Lydia was born and as soon as they came in, Addie said, "My baby sister! I love her!" Okay, it was enough to make me cry when it happened, but here I go again just thinking about it. I always knew Addie would make a great big sister and that statement and many others since have confirmed it. "I hold her" and "I feed her Cheerios" were a few of the other first phrases about her new little sister that made us smile.

And now the moment you've been waiting for, the pictures:

Our Family

Lydia's first bath, given by Aunt Melissa :)

Lydia with Addie's Lovey

Addie holding Lydia for the first time

Big Sis commenting on that "pretty, messy hair"

What a sweet Big Sister :)

6 comments:

Kelly, Kevin, Garrett, Grant, and Isabelle said...

Lydia Mae - we love it! Congrats on another beautiful and precious little girl! We are so happy for you guys. Take care and ejoy your new bundle of joy! Addie looks like she is already a great big sister! Hope to see you guys soon! Congrats and Love from the Hamiltons:)

Becca said...

OH!!! She is sooooo precious. I am so happy for you all!!!! Addie looks adorable with her new sister. How fun for you to have two little girls close in age to raise. Makes me want some :D Many, many blessings from TX! Love, Nick and Becca

Brian and Raendra said...

Congratulations! We're glad to hear Lydia made it here safe and sound. God bless your beautiful family.

The McCrary Family said...

Thank you so much for this post! It brought tears to my eyes just thinking back to the day Emily was born and we were able to experience a similar reaction from Elaina to her new baby sister. I am so excited for all of you. My first thought when I saw Lydia's picture was that I didn't think she looked like Addie either. Oh, how it will be fun to see how she grows! Sending you much love from all of the McCrary's!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of you! She is adorable! Love all of the pictures, especially those of the girls together! You will have so much fun! Hope to see you all soon!
Love from the Kirwers.

Melissa said...

I love all the pictures- she's so beautiful! I was honored to give Miss Lydia her first bath :) Although, I think it's a good thing she won't remember it, as she was pretty mad at me! Hope the first night home went well!