Friday, November 14, 2008

Zoo Day

Today for Addie and Mommy time, we decided to head to the zoo since the weather will soon be too cold to go. Addie and I had a terrific time together walking around seeing all the animals and basically having the whole zoo to ourselves. It was a little overcast outside, but the temperature was comfortable. Afterwards, we met Chris at McDonald's for lunch and Addie almost finished a whole cheeseburger. I think her appetite is slowly coming back because she actually ate breakfast this morning also :) Here are some pictures from our outing:

"CHEESE!!!"

Turtle trying to escape!

"My swan," as Addie says

Might as well go ahead and mention Miss Lydia while I'm posting...she continues to be a wonderful little baby and her favorite thing to do is sleep. I wish I had all the little groaning noises she makes while she's sleeping on video...it's too cute and makes me smile :)

As many of you may know, we began using cloth diapers with Addie when she was about 7 months old and are still going strong with our Fuzzi Bunz (although potty training is in the near future). We decided to start right away with Lydia, but the tar-like poopy that new babies have their first few days of life scared us from using them right when we got home from the hospital. I started putting her in cloth a few days ago and just during the day...nighttime changes are too complicated and she would probably soak through since she's a good sleeper and doesn't get changed as often. I had to get her picture in this adorable, fuzzy little diaper and she even has a matching yellow bow!

Modeling her cloth diaper

Ready for church last Sunday (and this was her "pose" through the whole service!)

3 comments:

Cheryl Troxel said...

What cute pictures! I love buddy shot of you and Addie. And Ms. Lydia is wearing the outfit we got her:) You have such a beautiful and sweet family. Love you!

Melissa said...

It looks like Addie is enjoying her "mommy & Addie" days. Lydia looks so cute in her cloth diapers! You're braver than me :)

Melissa

The McCrary Family said...

I think it is absolutely great that you are spending these days with Addie. How special!!! Lydia is so beautiful! Way to go on the cloth diapers! I'm still too scared for that!