Friday, November 7, 2008

A "Date" with Mommy

Since yesterday was kind of depressing because of the way Addie was acting towards us, I decided to start today with a fresh outlook. I asked my mom if she would stay with Lydia while I took Addie out of the house on a little adventure. We headed for the library (which she loves) and played with puzzles, pulled lots of books off the shelf, and picked out some movies to keep us busy for the next week or so. She was extremely well behaved, holding my hand when I asked her to and following my directions.

McDonalds was our next stop and we had a nice lunch together...and I even received about 20 hugs from her (probably because she was happy that I let her stand in the booth and eat, rather than sit down--she couldn't reach the table anyway and I couldn't locate a high chair!). And to my surprise, she actually ate a good amount of food. I don't know if I mentioned in another blog, but she seems to be on a hunger strike lately too, so it was a very good thing to see her eat a "decent" meal (if McDonalds counts as decent).

We still had some time left before we had to be home so I could feed Lydia so we made our way over to Kohl's to do some "girl shopping." We found a few puzzles and fun activities to keep her busy during Lydia's feeding times and she was really excited about those. Then we headed over to look at clothes and we found some "loveys" very similar to the lovey she has...her reaction was priceless! "Oh Mommy, SO CUTE!" over and over....so we had to get one, no not one, she insisted that Lydia needed her own also so we got 2 *matching* new loveys. She even told the cashier that "this one my lovey and this one Lydia's lovey." And on the way home I was talking to Chris on the phone telling him about it and she was in the back seat saying, "I love you, new lovey!" We'll see if "old lovey" sticks around or gets tossed to the side :)

We had such a terrific time together and I am so happy to have gotten to spend some quality, fun time with my little girl. And if you must know, I did get a little emotional during our time together, probably because I've missed times like these since I really didn't get to do much with her alone towards the end of my pregnancy due to my back issues. What a positive start to our day! Let's just hope it continues after she gets up from her nap :)

~The girls napping with their new loveys~

2 comments:

The McCrary Family said...

I loved hearing about your day with Addie! You are such a wonderful Mommy. You knew exactly what she needed, and it sounds like you both needed it. The new loveys are adorable, but not nearly as adorable as your two girls. Loved the pictures!

The Brace Family said...

so great! we do date day also..soo good! once a month! and we have the same lovie as that for miss or!!!