Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Day Without Daddy

Snoozing away--1 week old!

Chris went back to work today and to my surprise, everything went pretty smoothly (although I must admit I'm already looking forward to the weekend). The morning was the best part because Addie was entertained by PBS while I took care of Lydia and did a few loads of laundry. Addie is still testing us big time and we struggled at lunch time and after her nap...and some more this evening, but we know (or hope) this is just a phase that will be over soon. At this point, some of the battles are not worth fighting and if the only way to get her to eat is by letting her stand on a stool at the table, then so be it!

Yesterday was Lydia's first doctor's appointment and we learned that she gained 8 ounces in just 2 short days! I think our doctor was impressed :) She continues to eat and "eliminate" just as she should and even sleeps pretty well for us at night. She loves her snooze time and sometimes it takes at least a half hour to get her to wake up to eat! We are enjoying every minute of her. Happy 1 week birthday Lydia!

Daddy and Lydia sleeping

Big Sis giving Lydia a kiss

*Addie got a hold of the camera and took several pictures of herself...I thought this one was quite "artistic"

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Uh-oh, Ali must have been talking with Addie about sneaking mommy's camera (although, the picture is quite good:) Love seeing the new pictures!

Kelly, Kevin, Garrett, Grant, and Isabelle said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on how things have been going! Yeah, eating standing up - harmless - and besides, she will get tired of standing eventually:) The pictures are precious and we hope to meet Lydia soon!
Take care and know I have been thinking about you guys a lot!

Janice Knight said...

I would like a print of Addie's "self-portrait!" I think it's really cool!

The McCrary Family said...

Thank goodness for PBS!!! I still have those mornings, and I don't even have a newborn to feed! I love the picture of Chris with Lydia. Also, you've got yourself quite the photographer there. I love her beautiful eye!