Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today's Update

Just thought I'd post a little update on how things are going.....
Much, much better since the last post--Lydia is having more wet and poopy diapers because she's getting more milk (thank goodness it's finally "here"). We are feeding more often and she is doing such a good job! I am so proud of her :) As of yesterday, she had not lost any more weight so now we're just going to work on gaining some. She sleeps between each of the night feedings, which is absolutely wonderful for Chris and I to be able to get in little naps that almost equal 6 hours total of sleep.

Addie is still adjusting and has started to test us to see what she can get away with. Please pray for her and for us to know the right way to handle these little episodes. Overall, we feel she is doing quite a great job of being a big sister. She still LOVES Lydia Mae and comments on how cute she is at least 3 times daily. When Lydia cries, Addie says, "Lydia, what's the matter?" I just can't wait for the day they can actually play together.

I had my first little "test" of life at home without Chris today when he went to vote. Thankfully, he wasn't gone long, but I must say things went very smoothly while he was gone. He left at a time when Lydia was sleeping (not a feeding time) and Sesame Street was on so the only responsibility I had was letting Joe (our furry son) out to potty. I survived!

2 comments:

The Brace Family said...

you are doing great!!! if that tv is on a lot for nursing don't feel bad..we all have to do it to get by...if you need to call me do so also or email me questions about toddlers with babies etc. i would love to share how we got through the beginning. love you!! oh by the way..that pic. of you the day or day after a baby..omg! wow girl doesn't look like you just had a baby at all! just really tired...take care..praying daily for all going on.

The McCrary Family said...

Jessalyn, you are such a wonderful Mommy!! Just remember to get as much rest as you can. Glad to hear things went well when Chris went to vote. You're going to be surprised how things will fall into place, and you'll do just fine! Sending lots of love . . .