Thursday, November 20, 2008

3 Week Check Up

Lydia had a doctor's appointment this morning to check her weight and see how she's doing in general. I was extremely pleased to find out that she weighs 9 lbs. 4 oz. which means she has gained 13 ounces in a week, wowsa! Despite all of our issues we've had with nursing, she is definitely getting what she needs (which of course makes a mama feel much better!).

Luckily, our doctor had some time to take a look at Addie while we were there and she is "trying" to work on an ear infection, but our hope is that this little cold will go away without it coming to that. She was such a trooper and was SOOOOOO good for the doctor as he checked her out. Anyone who has taken a 12 mo.-24 mo. old to the doctor can probably vouch for me that it's not always pleasant (screaming and crying out of fear of the doc!). Addie was so brave and even got her flu shot...and she didn't even cry!

Here is where I must brag on Addie a bit more. Yesterday she kept her diaper dry all day, letting me know when she had to potty and I was SO proud of her. I figured that since we'd be out and about today, she wouldn't be as successful, but I was wrong. She went potty at the doctor's office for my mom and then when we were at the mall later on, she let me know she had to go and sure enough, her diaper was dry and she went! We haven't really been pushing the potty training issue lately with a new baby in the house, so she is totally doing this on her own! I am guessing she will be our self-teaching daughter since she pretty much handles things on her own...she also weaned herself from nursing with no issues, so we're hoping the potty training will just come as she's ready as well.

Sweet Sisters :)

No comments: