Thursday, November 13, 2008

2 Weeks!

I must say that the last 2 weeks have flown by without me realizing it...each day just drags along from feeding to feeding and everything in between is kind of a blur.

Lydia doesn't have another doctor's appointment until next week, but I took her yesterday to check her weight and to my surprise, she has passed her birth weight! She weighed 8 lbs. 7.5 ounces...so she must be getting enough to eat! We have been blessed with a wonderful baby who sleeps a lot (even at night!) and doesn't have many fussy periods. I'm not sure how we got so lucky once again (especially me since I was a horrible baby and probably deserve the worst!).

We're still struggling with the same behavior issues with Addie and I'm hoping that one of these days, she will just get over it and we'll have our sweet little girl back. I'm not saying she's not sweet anymore...she is probably the most polite almost 2 year old I know, saying please and thank you for everything. Sometimes the "NO WAY" responses and kicking and screaming fits cause me to forget about that sweetness though. Who knew that our brand new baby was going to require less than our toddler at this point!

*My camera battery is almost dead, but I promise to add some more pictures soon!

2 comments:

Becca said...

What you're going through with Addie sounds so familiar! The little boy I nanny is just a few months younger than her and he is so congenial and sweet - most of the time. Every once in a while he'll just throw a fit though or slap my face or throw his toys in the toilet - it's so frustrating. Not actually being his parent sort of limits my ability to do much about it... I keep telling myself he's going through the "terrible 2's" early so maybe it will get better soon :D

The McCrary Family said...

Jess!
I'm just now getting around to checking your blog. You're doing such a great job! Thanks for always keeping us posted. I'm REALLY need to work on my blog. Maybe one day, I'll decide to quit being busy, and just do it. Love you!