Sunday, November 2, 2008

We're Home

Our Sweet Girl

We made our way home from the hospital yesterday morning around 11:00. After a stop at my parents house to meet Uncle Jake and see Papaw Jerry for the first time, we headed back to our house, hoping for a relaxing afternoon. Our first night home was a hard one, especially after a wonderful, restful last night at the hospital (thanks to nurse Melissa for making sure we slept while she loved on our Lydia). Addie actually slept through the night and thankfully, Lydia's high pitch shrills did not wake her up.

So far things are going alright...but I will say it is an adventure dealing with a toddler and a brand new baby who requires lots of attention. We took Lydia to be weighed today because she has not had any poopy diapers since we got home and only 2 pees (which this is a bad thing). She's also sleeping a LOT (except when we want her to in the middle of the night) so I figured we better take her in and check things out. My milk has not come in yet so we are supplementing a few feedings until it does. This is really hard on me and my emotions are kind of out of whack right now because of this, but I know that I will get through it and things will be wonderful in a few weeks :)

Here are a few pictures from our trip home and today.

A kiss from Uncle Jake

Meeting Uncle Mikey

Addie with her new baby

2 comments:

Becca said...

Awww! She's so precious! Thanks for posting more pictures.
I hope the transition for taking care of two little ones goes well and that y'all get some rest!
Praying for strength for you today :)

The Brace Family said...

congrats!! she is here!! soo happy for you...praying for you all during this time..not easy but soo worth it! Addie is adorable...get ready to have some fun..as chris tells me from the bed..just waiting for that 11pm feeding...ha!