Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Roofing Experience

I mentioned briefly in a previous blog that my uncle Jeff and cousins were coming down from Minnesota to put a new roof on my parents' house and our house. Well, after some extremely busy and hot days both jobs are now complete. This weekend was so much fun being around all the family... my aunt and cousins came down from Lafayette and my other aunt and cousin made it down from Minnesota to help with the work too. This was the first time Addie met "The Minnesotas," as we call them, and I think she entertained everyone with her late night silliness.

Chris enjoyed helping and learning how to "roof" so much that he is actually going to go up to Lafayette with Jeff and Chase to help with my aunt's roof! That's one of the things I love about my dear husband, he's such a hard worker and loves to get his hands dirty! When they get back, I think they're going to tackle Chris' dad's roof also...and the roofing goes on and on!

I failed to get out the camera until today of course, but I was able to catch a few glimpses of our roof project.

Chase and Jeff on our roof

Chris cutting shingles for the ridge vent

Addie, the crew DJ, picks out some tunes for the guys

1 comment:

The McCrary Family said...

WOW what a hot week to have that job to take care of! I'm sure Chris feels a great deal of accomplishment. That's wonderful. Way to go, Chris!