Sunday, July 20, 2008

Being Husband-less Stinks!

Chris has been in Lafayette since Thursday night helping with my aunt's roof and I am missing him like crazy! Of course Addie misses him too, she just can't verbalize it so instead she becomes extremely clingy to me. I think Joe misses him more than we know because I am terrible at remembering to "feed and water" him...I do take him outside often though!

Here are a few things I have learned from my husband-less experience:
1. Taking out the trash, all the way out to the "big can" really stinks.
2. Joe's pills (he takes 1/2 pill in the a.m. and the other 1/2 in the p.m) are a pain to cut in half.
3. The carpet is much cleaner when Chris is around to vacuum (Yes, he does all the carpet vacuuming, I know I'm spoiled!).
4. Eating out almost every meal is no fun but neither is cooking for myself and Addie.
5. Nighttime TV is awful and I don't dare watch anything that came from Netflix without him (we're getting ready to start the 3rd season of The Office).
6. There's no one to bring me a Blizzard randomly on the way home from Lowes.
7. I have to admit that I enjoy being able to stretch out in the bed at night, but it's quite sad waking up alone.
8. It's scary taking Joe out back very late at night, but I've been quite the big girl about it :)


I have accomplished a few things while he's been gone, like stocking up on fabric for my new fall clothing line and cleaning and organizing my sewing room. I think fabric is definitely my weakness, it makes me feel better when I'm down, almost like chocolate.


So after thinking long and hard about this experience, I am promising to never take my dear best friend of a husband for granted! I would really be a terrible single mom and I'm so thankful the Lord has blessed me with such a wonderful partner in life :)

1 comment:

The McCrary Family said...

I loved reading this entry as I do all of your entries. It was a good reminder not to take the little things for granted that our husbands do for us. Thanks for reminding me.