Monday, July 21, 2008

Motherhood Really IS Grand!

I think today was probably my favorite day of all the days Chris has been gone (maybe it helps to know that he's going to be home at approximately 2 a.m., yay!). Addie and I spent the day at home and she has just been cracking me up and even had me laughing so hard I was in tears this evening. I guess I'm into lists lately so here's another one...

Questions I asked myself before lunchtime today:
~~Wonder if a CD will still work after being dropped into the toilet? (it does!)
~~What is the best way to get people urine smell out of the couch cushion? (little people urine)
~~What would it be like to take a shower by myself in the morning? (a certain small girl in my household seems to wake up just in time to join me)
~~Did we buy this step stool for gymnastics purposes? (and this was "tight" getting onto, as you can imagine)

And along with everything being "tight" lately, there's also been a lot of "oh gross" and "ew yuck" being said around here. Of course when the CD got dropped in the toilet this morning, that one was "oh gross!"

A few new friends were made today after I rearranged some of her toys around the house, moving most of the stuffed animals that were buried in the living room toy box into her room. This is how much she loves them:



I have a correction and an addition to my "husband-less" blog...Chris actually left on Wednesday night, not Thursday night so I've been without him for a whole day longer than I thought.

And number 9. I am not cut out to be a gardener! I have failed to water Chris' garden until today (and of course it's supposed to rain tonight) and there were two huge okras and one giant cucumber waiting to be picked. Oops! Good thing my better half is returning SOON!

1 comment:

The McCrary Family said...

Glad to hear your hubby should be home safe and sound! YEA!! I noticed that Addie has an Elmo toilet seat. Elaina had the exact same one. If you don't have the DVD, Elmo's Potty Time, I HIGHLY suggest it. It took Elaina a little bit to get into it, but in no time it became her favorite video, and I really think it helped the whole potty training process. Love you guys!