Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Nummy Bag

Addie's "nummy," otherwise known as her pacifier, has been making frequent appearances in her mouth the last few weeks and I am having big issues with that. I know she's not too old for it yet and it's a huge comfort item for her, but I can't stand seeing it in her mouth from morning 'til night and especially when she's trying to talk. She's been whining for it nonstop lately, so my mom suggested making the nummy it's own little place to be kept during non-sleeping moments.


So the nummy bag came about. Addie helped me make it yesterday (by help, I just mean that she stood nicely next to me while I sewed and constructed it) and it attaches to her bedrail. So far it has actually worked great, although we fight about it when she wants to go get it when it's not necessary...I just have to be on my toes and come up with really clever distractions to keep her mind off of it. We're not putting a time limit on when she can no longer have it for good, just trying to eliminate it from her daytime activities and use it only at naptime and nighttime (and sometimes at church and doctor's appointments). I'm pretty sure I could patent and sell these puppies!



Oh, I also thought I'd throw in a picture of Addie's first pigtails! I have been waiting a long time for her to have enough hair to actually make pigtails and she finally has enough. I won't take her in public like this though, she looks bald from the front still :) One day, we will have the gorgeous piggy tails I've been longing for!

2 comments:

The McCrary Family said...

Oh, the lovely pacifier. We are dealing with that too with Emily right now. We actually are doing the same thing. She only gets it at naps and bedtime, and we have a special place where she knows it is during the day and it stays there. I LOVE THE BAG!!!! You are so talented. The pigtails are adorable! Isn't that so much fun to play beauty parlor with your baby girl? So glad to hear you're enjoying the simple things in life. Love you much!

Melissa said...

Her little piggies are adorable!! Great idea for the bag - you should offer those on your website! I'm glad the paci days are behind us. It sounds like Addie is doing well with the daytime breaks! Good luck!

Melissa