Friday, July 11, 2008

Big Girl Bed!

After lots of talking about it the last few weeks, Chris and I finally decided to go for it and turn Addie's crib into her "big girl bed." As my belly grows, it becomes more and more difficult to put her in and out of the crib, so this has been a life saver (or should I say belly saver) for me especially.

We got through the first night without any issues, she stayed in bed the whole time and did not fall out. I told her when I put her to bed that she had to stay in bed until I come to get her in the morning...and she did! She was awake before I was this morning and when I went to get her, she was just laying in there playing and talking just like she would have if it were still the crib.

I think there is something to say about making this change now...she's still too naive to know she can climb out if she wants to! We'll see if that carries on as she gets more used to it ;) Here she is enjoying her new big girl bed, she loves to climb in and out by herself!

3 comments:

The McCrary Family said...

What a big girl you have there! I think you made a wise choice. Just for some peace of mind, Elaina has been in her twin bed for almost a year, and she has only climbed out maybe twice on her own without permission. Keep that belly growing, and post a picture. Baby number two needs some blog time too! Love you!

Melissa said...

Congrats on the big move! We haven't been as brave to move Luke yet, but Addie is giving us some motivation. Maybe Addie can give Luke an instructional talk about staying in the bed before he makes the move!

The Brace Family said...

we are doing that next week after our visitors will be gone...a toddler bed..ours doesn't change into a big boy bed..praying for easy change. like i said..potty training will wait for now.