Friday, February 20, 2009

Sister, Sister

I am so grateful that God has blessed us with a set of sisters! They are so much fun, both individually and together. Lydia continues to be such a wonderful addition to our family, so easy going and happy about 90% of the time. My favorite moments with her are when she first wakes up in the morning. She loves to look at herself in the mirror and laugh, which is priceless. I couldn't quite capture the gigantic smiles she possesses when she starts her day, but I tried my best and here's what I got...

Happy grins!

Good morning, sweet girl!

Then there's our independent, hilarious, one of a kind, hand full of a daughter, Addie. She just cracks me up all day long, and even during her middle of the night awakenings (sometimes). There are times when we can get so frustrated with her and then she says something so clever and "Addie-like" that we just have to lighten up and smile.

Yesterday, I asked her to go talk to Lydia while I was folding some laundry and she went over to Lydia's chair and told her this: "I have to need to watch Little Bear all day morning long because my daddy will come home soon." (Our daughter has an addiction to the sweet cartoon, Little Bear, by the way). She continued to tell Lydia the details of one of her favorite episodes that would only make sense to other Little Bear addicts. Lydia was getting a little fussy today while Addie and I were finishing up lunch and Addie said to her baby sister, "Your mommy can't hold you right now, she's eating her lunch." I almost choked on my food to hear her talking so sweet, but more to hear her talking about me in 3rd person :)


She came to the dinner table in this: Pink shirt, Snow White panties, winter beanie hat, and doll pants around her ankle :D

Yesterday's creation: purple dress, orange fairy wings, pink and purple rain/snow boots, and 3 mismatched bows (including a white fuzzy one right on top)


And you must take a peek at Addie's "new smile"...she chipped both front teeth on the kitchen floor on Valentine's Day! Good thing they will fall out anyway :)


Daddy snuggling on his girls


Lydia and Addie in their "boosta seats"


The future teacher showing her very observant student some bird pictures

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You have been blessed with such sweet girls! Addie cracks me up - she reminds me so much of Ali :) I love Addie's sense of fashion!

The McCrary Family said...

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED all of the pictures of the girls and especially the addiction to Little Bear. I think Addie's new smile is just as sweet as before. Love you!