Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Heart Day!



We have had a great week of celebrating "Valentime Day," as Addie (and every other little kid I know) calls it! Monday, Addie made Valentines to send to her friends and family and she had a wonderful time coloring with her new markers and decorating the cards with heart stickers. She wanted to do it all herself and got mad at me several times for even offering to help her (how dare me!).


Busy making Valentines (Lydia is NOT happy in the background)

Today was the big day for cookie baking and Addie and I prepared the dough last night so it could cool in the fridge. We got a late start this morning because Lydia decided to sleep in (which I'm not at all complaining about) and I didn't want to have to stop in the middle of our baking to nurse her. Addie used the rolling pin to roll out the dough and then thoroughly enjoyed using our new heart shaped cookie cutter to make each cookie. We even had a little dough left over and made two cookies in the shape of her hands. She has really been into tracing her hands lately, so this was extra fun for her.

After the cookies were cooled off, we iced and "salted" them with red "sfrinkles," as she says. Looking at the cookies, you can definitely tell which ones she did ALL by herself when I wasn't looking. We (I) have a big mess to clean up now, but we had a blast together in the kitchen and I can't wait for our next baking adventure!



Rolling out the dough (with her tongue just right!)

Adding "sfrinkles"


Flour face :)


Addie posing with the finished cookies, wearing her "akron"

3 comments:

Janice Knight said...

Happy Valentine's Day to the best daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughters that I could ever imagine!

The McCrary Family said...

I can't believe how much hair Addie has suddenly decided to grow! ;) There is hope for Emily! The girls love their Valentine from your girls, and they talk (and fight) over it daily. I couldn't help but notice the Fridge DJ in one of your pictures. We have had ours for 2 years now, and it is GREAT! It has provided MUCH entertainment!

The McCrary Family said...

Ok. I'm posting a comment again because Jeff wasn't in on the first viewing. ;) We love the videos of Addie that you post! Please keep it up! She is a sweetheart, and Jeff is totally right there with Chris with the extra lovin'! If you're like me though, you don't mind that she loves her Daddy that much!