Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Weekend in Indy

This past weekend, we hit the road to Indy for our last "hoorah" of traveling before baby #2 arrives. Somehow it worked out that we were able to visit with three different friends of mine from college...who are all very dear to my heart. Our first stop was in Franklin (where I went to college) to visit the McCrary's. Stephanie and I had every class together our senior year in college and grew very close...I was even in their wedding the summer following our graduation. We've always had a special friendship where we can go months and months without talking and just pick right back up where we left off. Stephanie and Jeff have 2 beautiful girls, Elaina and Emily. Addie warmed up to them quickly and they enjoyed their evening of playing hide and seek, gymnastics, and "jump on Jeff" together. It was a short visit, but great catching up and watching our girls play.



Stephanie and I with our girlies




Goodbye hugs!

The next stop was at our friends' Amanda and Topher's house. Amanda and I started hanging out more my senior year in college as well. She was a year behind me in school, so I relived my senior year again through her after I graduated :) We have the same decorating taste so Addie always feels right at home when we stay with them...although Amanda has lots more Boyd's bears than I do so Addie was extremely excited to see how many of them she could round up right away. She also enjoyed their fish and even got to help feed it. I think we might have to get a tiny aquarium and welcome a new pet into our family soon. Unfortunately, Topher was working a lot so we didn't get to see him a whole lot, but we managed to stay up late for some good chatting.



With Topher and Amanda and "Wibley" (one of the many bears)




Reading the "Pitter book" (Very Hungry Caterpillar) before bed

On Saturday afternoon, we ventured up to Noblesville to visit the Troxels. Cheryl and I were college roommates and attached at the hip the first few years of college. Our friendship changed and grew over the years and it has been so much fun to watch Cheryl and her family grow. Cheryl and Chris have 3 girls, the newest is only 3 months old and we were meeting baby Olivia (Livie) for the first time. Addie was very curious about Livie and wanted to hold her right away as if she was one of her baby dolls at home. She got to play outside in their sandbox and in their playroom with all sorts of fun toys. After dinner, it was just so nice to catch up and watch the girls play together. Addie couldn't handle her curiosity any longer and finally gave little Livie a sweet pat on the belly. It was pretty precious and hopefully she will respond this positively to our new baby!




With Avery in the playroom


Styling Mia's hair


Getting a peek at Livie

Patting Livie

On Sunday, we even got to see a little bit of Uncle Mikey at Jimmy John's for lunch. We were all tired and ready to get home by this point. It's always a bit emotional for me to leave my friends, but I know we will see them all again soon. Thanks so much for the visits McCrarys, Morris', and Troxels! We love you all!

1 comment:

The McCrary Family said...

It was so WONDERFUL to see you! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to see us. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your weekend getting to see everyone! I'm sure you were exhausted by the time you got home. We love you guys so much!