Friday, September 5, 2008

A Busy Labor Day Weekend

I'm a little late on this blog, but thought I'd get in a quick update before I get too far behind :) Last Friday, we went on another adventure with Melissa and Luke and this time we went to the zoo. We planned to do an "abbreviated" zoo trip, but ended up seeing basically the entire zoo. The kids had a great time together, even held hands at one point (so cute!). We had a wonderful experience seeing lots of animals close up and Addie even got to feed the giraffe a leaf. Here are a few pictures from our outing.

Good pals!


Watching the river otters close up

Feeding a goat, and not all that excited about it!

Addie has grown up so much in the last month it seems. She is talking up a storm, in (almost) complete sentences. She even sang "Happy Birthday" to Chris this week and it was just too adorable. I will admit that I had tears in my eyes, it was so sweet! In the last week or two, she has figured out how to "dress herself." She loves getting into my drawers and pulling out shorts and shirts of mine and putting them over her head. Here she is trying on her Christmas dress I just finished (obviously, it is upside down and probably inside out too). But she does it herself and she is so proud.

Chris and I had our 10 year high school reunion this last weekend, among many other events including a wedding, a man-baby shower (known as Diapers for Brewskies), and a few birthday celebration dinners. We were disappointed with the turnout at the reunion, but still managed to have a good time hanging out with our friends and catching up. One of my good friends, Josi, is pregnant and due at the same time as I am and we decided to catch a picture of the bellies at the reunion. (Notice, even our purses are the same!). And of course her husband, Jess, had to make an appearance...he's the Diapers for Brewskies guy :)

1 comment:

The McCrary Family said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I can't wait to see that Christmas dress on Addie . . . fully. :) Also, aren't you adorable??!!!??!!!