Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Christopher's Wet Adventure

After he got off work today, Chris thought he would take a nice little break and go fishing at his dad's lake for a little while until Addie and I got home from prayer group. He started out fishing from the bank and then decided to go all the way and get out in the boat.


From my past experiences fishing with my husband (even before we were dating), he doesn't have the best luck when it comes to hooking trees, people's heads, and canoes and losing lures. Today tops it all...he got his lure caught in a tree and he was standing in the boat to unhook it and no sooner than he got it loose did the boat tip and he fell overboard! Luckily, the contents of the boat did not fall in the water also, but he now has a ruined cell phone, wet clothes and shoes, soaked wallet including the money and pictures he had, and all of his fishing gear.


He spent the evening using my hair dryer trying to dry everything out...we'll see what happens to his phone after it's completely dry. OOPS! Oh, and I might add that he did catch 4 fish before this whole ordeal :)


Too bad someone didn't catch a picture of him "swimming," but I did get a shot of most of his wet stuff.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Okay, that's just hilarious! So I guess he didn't catch anymore fish after his swimming adventure? Hope your cell phone dries out!