Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween-y Festivities

I must admit that two weeks ago I was not planning to have Addie dress up for Halloween (I know, I know, we'd miss all the fun--but I thought it might be a waste of time since it's not like she's actually going trick or treating!). I thought of a quick costume idea that didn't involve much effort on my part and it would certainly be cute for pictures, even if no one sees her besides her mommy and daddy.

Addie is going to be a ladybug for Halloween--and thankfully, we already had a black turtleneck and tights to start out the costume. I bought some red tulle and black felt at Wal-mart and made this darling little tutu (with black dots of course) to complete the costume. Addie enjoyed playing with the scraps of tulle as I made the tutu, it was pretty cute.
Good thing I went to all the trouble of throwing something together for the sweetie because the library teacher asked us to dress the kiddos up for Born to Read Babies time today. Addie was hilarious when I first put her tutu on her...she just sat there, like "Mom, I can't move!" until she realized the big, puffy, red stuff would move with her. Her boyfriend Gage was a bumblebee so they looked incredibly cute together! Her other friends Jonathan and Lora were Tigger and a lion. The kiddos all looked so adorable! They even got to make a special craft for Halloween. Addie was interested in eating the stick on ghosts and witches more than anything. It was a fun experience!



I ended up finishing the Halloween pants (and shirt) that I mentioned in a previous blog. All that practice paid off because the outfit turned out SO cute! I am already excited to look for Thanksgiving and Christmas prints to get going on some more outfits for special occasions! This type of stuff sells for big bucks on ebay so you may see my creations up for auction one of these days when I get bold enough to go for it!

1 comment:

Cheryl Troxel said...

The ladybug costume is so cute! You did a great job whipping that together. And I love the Halloween outfit. You are inspiring me. What is that pattern nubmer for the pants again? You are so talented!