Monday, November 26, 2007

Gobble, Gobble

I just realized it's been almost a month since my last blog---whew, we've been busy! Lots of changes to mention since October...Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving felt like it lasted a whole week and I'm still not sure I'm ready to get back to the daily grind and I know Chris would agree with me on that one. We enjoyed spending lots of family time together over the last week, including getting together with extended family and eating lots of delicious food!

Addie woke up on Thanksgiving with big goals in mind...she decided to start walking using her little "mail cart" I received at one of my baby showers. She hadn't been interested in trying to walk behind the cart until this point, she only played with the little envelopes and things on the cart. So...since this was the most exciting thing that has ever happened on Thanksgiving (being it's her first), we took the cart with us to grandparents' houses so she could show off her new talent. She walked around delivering the mail to everyone and she sure was a big hit with the family!
Among all the attention and napless days, Addie got to try several new foods. Cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, a real green bean (yes, just one), pumpkin pie, and TURKEY of course. No, she didn't throw up and yes, she still slept through the night despite the extra sugar! I think she had lots of fun trying out everything!

She now has FOUR teeth on the top (and still just the two little guys on the bottom). I must say she is quite a different little lady with teeth. Her smile is different and she just looks more grown up. Getting these teeth in has been a treat, including a trip to the doctor's office late last Wednesday with a scare of a fever and pulling ears (we were sure she was getting her first ear infection right in time for the holiday). Addie checked out with a clean bill of health, other than the usual teething adventures.

Talking and imitating is another one of Addie's newest tricks. Besides the typical baby babble, Addie has expanded her vocabulary and actually tries to imitate me and say words I say. She's really good at "what's that?" and "who's that?" which both come out "whsat?" And she just LOVES to bark at Joe and it might be the funniest thing she does. She gets down on hands and knees and barks back at him when he is barking for a treat.

Alright, enough Addie talk for this one...Here are some of the pictures from the last week.

1 comment:

Cheryl Troxel said...

How exciting that Addie is starting to walk. We have that same mail truck and Avery learned to walk with it. And I love that she barks at Joe. I can't wait to see her again! Let's plan something soon. Are you having a first birthday party for her?