Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Little Tiny is 11 Months!



This little baby is not going to be such a little baby much longer! One more month until Little Tiny turns one! She does not always have such a serious expression, but I couldn't resist playing around with this beautiful picture of her :) Those pouty lips are irresistible.

Lydia is our more adventurous daughter by far. She climbs and bounces and wants to be in the center of the action at all times! I've recently started taking the girls to a place called Pump It Up about once a month and they play in the inflatable "bounce houses" and slides. This past week, Lydia went down the huge slide with me and loved it. She was fearless when it came to climbing up on things and bouncing by herself in the bounce house. I just have to keep reminding myself to allow her to explore and enjoy her independence.



She has started walking with a little push mail cart that Addie used when she was about this age. It's funny to watch her little brain process each step as she goes across the room :) I know that once she has walking mastered, we will be in for all sorts of fun! The poor girl already manages to get a new bruise or scrape just about every day from all of her courageous maneuvers!



I usually do school time with Addie while Lydia is taking a morning nap, but sometimes we extend some of our activities later in the afternoon to involve Lydia. Just today, she helped pick up the blocks by putting them back in the bucket one by one. I was kind of surprised she let go of each one, but she wanted to mimic her sister and was very helpful :) A new trick she started today is to put her head on the ground and bottom up in the air as if she's about to do a somersault. I then flip her over and we cheer. It became such a fun little game and she did it over and over and over again all around the living room. I'm just getting such a kick out of how quickly she is changing.

Even her food is changing...she wants to eat what we are eating now and refuses to take a bite of her food until she gets a taste of what we're having. She's still mastering the pincer grasp and practicing with a LOT of Cheerios and goldfish crackers. I think if I let her eat them all day, she would. With her new food habits, we are working on the sign for "more" and she has almost got it down. She would actually rather say it than sign it, which is just fine with us! Some of her newest words are "grandma" (which sometimes sounds like Garmin), "papaw," and "amen" after we say our prayers. Addie talked at a pretty early age, but I'm starting to think that Lydia might have her beat by the time she turns one! She definitely wants us to know what's on her mind!

Along with her adventurous side comes a very loving and snuggly side. I love every little thing about her, but this is probably my most favorite part of Lydia. She LOVES to snuggle...always has and hopefully always will :) Recently, she started giving kisses and snuggles when we ask for them. I just adore her open mouth, gentle smoochies! She is a sweet sweet girl :)

1 comment:

Dana said...

I think her looks have changed so much over these 11 months. It seems she looks more like Addie all the time--although not exactly. I was remembering your sitting on my chaise on Fall Fest Tuesday last yeat all pregnant--and soon to deliver. They are both so precious!