Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy Half Birthday Little One!

Wow, six months has really flown and I know it sounds so cliche' but I can't remember what life was like before Lydia joined our family! She has grown and changed so much since the day we brought her home from the hospital and I can't even remember that 8 lb. 5 oz. little (but seemed HUGE to us at the time) baby any more. Her laid back personality has thankfully stuck with her and she loves to take in all of her surroundings, especially if that includes her big sissy :) Lydia and Addie love each other so much, it just melts my heart daily.

It took the chubby one a little while to get rolling over mastered, but she has it now and actually enjoys spending time on her tummy playing "airplane" (legs and arms flying off the ground). I keep telling Addie that one of these days Lydia will be crawling around chasing after her...and I can't wait to watch them interacting when they are both mobile :) Recently, Lydia discovered her voice and she sings and babbles on and on, especially when she's sitting at the table with us while we're eating or when she's in the Ergo carrier with me at the store or wherever we may be. I love hearing her "talk" to us in her own little way!

I love you, Lydia Mae, all the way from your blue eyes to your cheeky grin, right down to your dimpled knees and adorable little toesies...and everything in between!!!


Wondering what her sis is up to

Laughing at "you know who"

These will be walking feet oH sO SoOn!

My favorite cheeky grin :)

She's a heart melter, watch out!

This was my favorite pose from Addie's 6 month pics so we had to recreate it!!!

Love that baby girl!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can not believe how much Lydia looks like Addie in the first picture of her on her belly. You have two beautiful little girls. I miss them.

Melissa said...

Wow! Lydia is really looking like her big sister & daddy! Love the new pictures - you are getting quite good! I can't believe it's been six months either. Happy half-birthday, Lydia!!

The McCrary Family said...

Yes, I agree. The minute I saw that first picture, I thought . . . "WOW! She looks like Addie!" Love all of the pictures. They are the sweetest ever! It is hard to believe she's 6 months old already! Love you all!

Becca said...

Lydia is too cute for words!!

Request: I want to see pictures from your paducah(sp?)!! Pretty please... ;)

Kelly, Kevin, Garrett, Grant, and Isabelle said...

Love the pictures of Lydia! I also think she looks like Addie, especially in the top picture.....I see it in her eyes:) Hope all is well!