Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day and a Few "Firsts"

First of all....a late Happy Mother's Day to all Mamas out there reading this! I love Mother's Day for the specific reason of celebrating my own mother and what a blessing she's been in my life, but it is of course even more special to me now that I am a mommy :)

We were traveling home from Indianapolis on Mother's Day so I didn't get to celebrate with my own mom and grandma until Monday evening. Our church had a "Mothers and Others" dinner that was such an amazing treat for all of us. The ladies who planned this event did a wonderful job of including ALL age groups and I think it was a tie between my grandma and Addie of who had the best time! (They both won lots of door prize goodies :D ) I felt extremely blessed to spend a nice evening with all 4 generations of "ladies" in my family!



Sweet Lydia had her 6 month check up on Monday as well (that's why she's not smiling in the above picture!). She weighed in at 18 pounds and she's grown 3/4 of an inch and is now 27 inches tall....which are both 90% for her age. In the last couple weeks, she has become the cutest rolly polly baby, managing to get herself moved all over the floor! I can see it in her eyes that it won't be long before she's scooting around to get to all her sissy's fun toys :) She is also sitting up by herself for long periods of time. Lydia has changed drastically in the last month and it excites me to no end to watch her learn right before my eyes! She loves to grab EVERYTHING and nothing is out of her reach if she puts her mind to it! I absolutely can't wait for the day she starts crawling and chasing Addie all over the house.

Along with turning 6 months old, baby girl has started eating some yummy veggies. She's been eating rice cereal for a while now, but we added carrots and peas to the menu last week. She seems to prefer carrots over peas for now, but I think she's still getting used to the texture of the peas. I decided to try making baby food this time around and so far, it's going very well and Addie also enjoys trying some of the purees now and then :) My only issue with feeding this child "solids" is the spitting habit she's developed along with it! As soon as I put the tray on the high chair, she begins spitting at me! It's hilarious, but I have to keep from laughing because I'm trying to teach her NOT to do it (as I shield myself from the yumminess spraying all over me!).


"What Mom?"

Enjoying her carrot mess! (This mess was mild compared to some days)

Addie's hair has grown so much (for her) in the last couple months. She got to get her very first haircut on Tuesday this week! It was just a little trim, but it was fun for her to sit up in the big chair. She wasn't sure at first, but after our friend Mikaelah offered her a sucker, she was good to go! She talked about it the rest of the day and was still mentioning "I got a haircut yesterday" at the end of the week!


I love her serious expression here!

Sucker time

Showing off her 1st Haircut Certificate!

And everyone knows what goes perfectly with a new haircut....a pedicure of course! Addie loves her new "painted toes" that match Mommy's. Here I am...not much of a girly girl at all...painting my baby girl's toe nails and enjoying every second! I will leave you with this picture of these cute little toes:

1 comment:

The McCrary Family said...

So, the picture with the generations is priceless. Needs to be framed! It's beautiful and how special! I love hearing how much Lydia is changing! She is so adorable. Addie's toenails are beautiful. Aren't girls so much fun? Love them! Did you save her locks for her baby book? My girls have yet to get a trim. Emily doesn't have enough to trim, but I think Elaina will be ready for one before it gets too hot this summer. I will probably cry. Thanks for finally posting! It had been TOO long! Love ya!