Friday, January 9, 2009

A Great Ending

Other than a great visit to the doctor on Monday, our week did not start off so well. Among many other little issues, our old man dog, Joe, started in with doggy diarrhea very (I mean VERY) early morning on Tuesday. It wasn't a fun couple of days, but he visited the vet and I think his medication has kicked in. Addie decided to add to the sleeplessness by getting up very (once again, I mean VERY) early the few mornings when we desperately needed just a few more minutes of sleep. Lydia, well, she's Lydia and just slept through all the chaos and was a little angel.

Thankfully, Thursday was a WONDERFUL day around the house and everything went so well I thought I was dreaming. Addie got to have her first experience with finger painting and it was so much fun!

Trying out blue


Making a sweet little mess :)


Smelling it (and almost tasting, but got caught)

Friday, our friend Josi brought her little girl (who was born the day before Lydia!) over for a visit. We had a great time watching the babies play and staring at them in disbelief that they're just about exactly the same size (little chubbers :) Unfortunately, I forgot to get my camera out to catch these two together, but we know another play date is in our future soon.

My favorite moment of the week happened today at lunch. Addie and I were eating spaghetti and she hopped down for a moment to give Lydia a kiss and call her "sugar plum"...I didn't think anything of it and I looked back at Lydia a few minutes later to see this:


Spaghetti sauce eyebrow!

I wonder who did it!!!


Isn't she innocent??

These are the moments I cherish and hold dear in my heart...sisterly love at it's best!

2 comments:

The McCrary Family said...

Awww, I love the smile on Lydia's face. She seems to be enjoying her spaghetti eyebrow kiss from her big sister. How brave of you with the finger painting!

Becca said...

Jess, I'm staring at pictures of your girls trying to make myself believe that *this phase* is worth the end result :D
I'm really hoping I'll feel up to par by March so I can go to Michal's shower in Indiana and see you all!