Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Winding Down in 2009

After all the excitement of Christmas and Addie's birthday, it has been very nice to be on a slower paced schedule so far this year. We didn't do much around here to celebrate the New Year, in fact Chris and I both forgot it was even New Year's Eve most of that day. We did our usual routine of putting Addie to bed and we watched a movie (I don't even remember what we watched, how sad!). I am proud to say that we made it to midnight, but that's been kind of a normal thing lately too.

The first full week of January started off by a visit to the girls' pediatrician on Monday morning. I had been anticipating this visit for a while, just to find out how much weight our little chunky monkey had put on and talk with the doctor about some of Addie's not-so-great habits that have developed since Lydia's birth.

Little Miss Lydia Mae weighs a whopping 14 pounds and 2.5 ounces and is 24 1/4 inches long. She is off the charts for her age, to put it nicely. Needless to say, she is a wonderful little eater and we are both doing very well in that department :) She is also a great sleeper and I won't say much more on that subject for fear of jinxing our good streak we have had going for a while ;) We are enjoying getting to know her little personality more and more every day. She responds with smiles and even almost laughs when we talk to her...and she also babbles right back at us in her own language, it's so sweet.



Love those rolls :)

Big sister Addie is tall and skinny, but we knew that already. She weighs almost 26 pounds and is 36 inches tall. We discussed the pacifier issue with our doctor and decided to "leave the nummy with Dr. Cochran so he could give it to a little baby to use." So far (only about a day and a half in), she is falling for it and doing pretty well. Getting down for a nap was tough yesterday and I decided to pull out a different brand of "nummy" that she can use only at nap and bedtime. The next few days may be difficult for all of us, but we figure if she mastered potty training and carried on complete conversations with us before she even turned 2, getting rid of the nummy should be the last big step into two-dom. Wish us luck (and pray hard!).

I walked in the kitchen only to see the cutest little girl in her Little Mermaid panties and apron

Cooking up somethin' good


Lovin on my girls

4 comments:

Cheryl Troxel said...

Love the panties and apron picture - too cute!!! I cannot beleive how big Lydia is getting already. I can't wait for her and Olivia to meet:)

Melissa said...

I'm wondering, is that how you cook in the kitchen? Ha! Love the pictures! Good luck with the nummy - be strong!

The McCrary Family said...

I completely agree with Cheryl . . .the panties and apron picture is the cutest ever! And I have the same question as Melissa . . . leaves me kind of wondering what kind of cooking Mommy does in the kitchen for Chris. ;) Lydia is so stinkin' cute I can't stand it. I want to get a hold of those cheeks and those thighs immediately! The video truly blessed my heart. I felt like I was actually meeting her for the first time. I loved it. Love you all!

Andy, Amanda, William & Dylan said...

I love the apron and panties picture! Maybe we'll have a girl someday to put your adorable clothes on!