Friday, August 1, 2008

Playing with Pudding

First of all, I highly recommend this if you have little ones, teach little ones, or just want to have some yummy fun yourself. I started buying vanilla pudding for Addie to have for an occasional snack a few weeks ago and it was a big hit. She even told me that she wanted pudding for breakfast yesterday....so I thought she might be excited to try some of the chocolate/vanilla swirl pudding later on at snack time.

Um, let's just say she doesn't enjoy chocolate nearly as much as the plain vanilla. She kept trying little bites and making this funny face like she hated it so rater than waste the whole cup of pudding, I thought it might be fun to let her try "pudding painting."

Oh it was so much fun. At first she wasn't sure about it, maybe she thought she was doing something naughty (wonder why?), but after she saw me putting my fingers in it and wiping it around her tray she jumped right in. At one point, she was even saying alphabet letters as she drew around in the pudding. She made an "E", an "S", a "B", and a "T" (not really of course, but she was at least saying the letters). Here are a few pictures I caught during our pudding playtime.

A little upset that it was time to clean up!

Pudding praying! She folded her hands and said "Jesus," blah, babble, blah, "Amen."

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hmm, pudding...we haven't tried that one yet. We'll have to try it, maybe with vanilla though. Ali and Luke have been doing ketchup art for a long time now:) I don't recommend that one!

The McCrary Family said...

I just wish I could hear her pray! I'm sure it would just melt my heart. Thanks for all the posting. I love keeping up with you guys! Love you!

The Brace Family said...

soo fun! we need to try it! hugs!