Thursday, September 6, 2007

Sticky-uppy Hair Day!





This morning when Chris brought our little darling to me in bed, I took one look at her with my half-opened eyes and started laughing out loud. Many of you may know that I am not a morning person, but when I am awoken by a sweet, smiling baby brought to me each morning--life is good :) This fine morning, my laughter was brought on by our beautiful baby girl's "sticky-uppy" hair, or sleepy hair as some may refer to it. I know, I know, everyone has "bed head" in the morning, but Addie has never really had it like this, so be patient with me--it's a FIRST.

As I was thinking about the fact that Chris and I call it "sticky-uppy" hair like that's the technical term for it, I then realized that there are several words we use when referring to our daughter or anything that has to do with her that are quite silly to say the least. Here are a few:

"Beanel"--the nickname Chris gave her at the beginning of her life.

"Super Beanel"--came a little after she outgrew Beanel.

"Super"--the Beanel fell off and our sweet baby girl was called Super.

"Nonner"--apparently this came from how Chris used to say "Monster" when he was little and now our precious beauty is a, excuse me the Nonner.

"Boukee"--pronounced boo-kee, this is the word we use to refer to the tiny one's hind end (I have to admit, this one came from me as my family used it growing up).

"Dookee"--thanks to my grandma (Addie's great-grandma), we use this term to describe a little snack. This one can also be used to mean "poo" when I forget that it really has to do with food, oops!

There are probably more, but of course since I use them on a daily basis, I don't think anything of it and can't seem to come up with more to list right now. I'm sure I will add more in the future, as our little Nonner grows up!
By the way..."sticky-uppy" hair lasts ALL DAY!














1 comment:

Cheryl Troxel said...

Love the hair! She seems very happy with her Sicky-uppy hair.