Friday, August 31, 2007

Hi, I'm Jessalyn and I have an addiction...

Boy, since I started this blogging thing, it seems like every night when I'm trying to go to sleep my brain is working extra hard to come up with new things to write about. I think if I just "write" and get it out of my head, I'll be able to sleep at night. I am my mother's daughter and I obsess about lots of things...but my new addiction is eBay. Yes, I've been a member on eBay for about 2.5 years now because of Chris' influence. Now I think he's totally regretting ever signing me up because I am having an internet affair with auctions! Seriously, I don't think I have a problem YET, but it seems that when I do get to sleep at night, all of my dreams are filled with eBay listings and I'm constantly waking up thinking I've won something else...but I don't think I have a problem! Well, you see, I'm not a big fan of garage sales because I'm not a morning person and I don't like confrontations or "fighting" over the best and cutest deals. However, on eBay, I can "fight" it out to the finish and no one even knows me! What am I buying on eBay you ask? Um, let's see, I'll go back to my first blog where I wrote "I have an 8 month old daughter, who will one day be a 2 year old, who will then be a kindergartener and older sister...and then teenager." (I don't think those were my exact words, but I'm too lazy to go back and copy and paste right now...sleeping baby is about to awake and I'm in a time crunch!). So you get it? Baby clothes of course!!! Never thought I'd be into all the frilly "boutique" clothes, but that's just about all I look at on there. Now, you newer mommies, don't even think about getting on there and outbidding me for any of those darling outfits!!! Just kidding of course (not really)! Chris is praying that Addie is our only girl because of this bad habit I've developed. I'm on the other end of things wanting ALL girls because it's too much fun (my mother told me so--there's your plug ma!). For our budget's sake, I guess it would be a good idea if we had some boys in the mix. Anyway, I do find things that we NEED, like Addie's big girl carseat which we bought at a buy it now price (with FREE shipping of course) and we LOVE it! Don't worry, it's brand new and we got it at the cheapest price I could find (I always do tons of research before dropping the bucks!--that's how I convince Chris to let me buy it!). I'm not a bad mommy for having this addiction: I have a rule that I am only allowed to be on eBay when Addie is napping and I only get on here when she's awake if I'm about to WIN an auction by outbidding some unsuspecting mom who's at work, heehee. The house still gets cleaned, laundry done, and all my other stay at home mom duties fulfilled. I look at eBay as my reward for doing all that hard work and not getting paid! Doesn't it work that way?

1 comment:

Cheryl Troxel said...

You seriously crack me up!! I haven't been on ebay for awhile until I started looking for Fuzzi Bunz. Now you have me online nonstop with all of you wonderful ideas!