Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A blogger....who me???



Okay, I've finally decided to take the leap into the wonderful world of blogging. I have enjoyed keeping up with friends and family members through their blogs so I think the fever of blogging has rubbed off on me. At first I thought I might not have enough to write about, but then I quickly realized that I have an 8 month old daughter who will turn into a 2 year old, and then someday a kindergartener, big sister to other little Knights, and **poof** we'll have teenagers...I have all kinds of stories in my future!!! So why not start now while I haven't strayed too far from the path of sanity. "Hee hee" ***Innocent/naive giggle***



Here's just a little of what's going on at our house lately...Addie dearest is crawling all over the place (still army crawling, no hands and knees just yet). She keeps me busy by getting into everything she shouldn't get into, but that's the fun of it, right? Everyone says, "you'll have to be baby-proofing your house soon," and my reply to that is, "we're going to try to teach her to leave things alone." I'll admit I have put things that could hurt her up higher, but I'm doing my best to teach her to not bother most things. Now most of you veteren moms are probably thinking to yourself, "boy, has she got a case of the first time mom disease." Well, maybe one day when I've made it through several children, I'll look back at my blog and realize that I was silly for wanting my house to reflect me after I became a mom...but for now, I'm gonna go down fighting!



One of the biggest adventures I've taken on since Addie's birth has been making the switch to cloth diapers. Back in the newborn days when buying diapers was actually "fun," I didn't mind making a so-called quick trip to the store when we began to run low. (Although I must say that we were very blessed to have lots of diapers given to us by friends and parents). Cloth diapering never entered my mind---well, it did, but I immediately thought "YUCKYPOO!" Of course I only knew of the cloth diapers that my mom used on me which involved pins and plastic pants. A few months ago I started researching the newer methods of cloth diapering and fell in love with the idea. I found Fuzzi Bunz, which are pocket diapers in which you place an insert and snap them on the kiddo just as easy as you would a disposable. No pins or plastic pants...and the idea of dunking the soiled diaper into the toilet was thrown out the window a long time ago too! It took me a few days to convince Chris that we needed to invest in some of these puppies...but after making the leap almost two months ago, I am in love with Fuzzi Bunz! Chris makes fun of me when we're around other new parents because I go into great detail about this wonderful product that is not only better for your baby and saves you tons of money, but it's better for the environment (see, here I go again---I should make a commercial and sell them myself!). I really only thought I'd use them when we're at home, but after a few days of getting used to them, I jumped in with both feet and took her out into ***dun, dun, dun*** PUBLIC! Haven't encountered a POO in public yet, but I guess we'll deal with that when it happens. Enough of my ranting and raving about my favorite new baby product FUZZI BUNZ! I'm going a little crazy with this blog thing so I think I'll save some of my built up "adult conversation" for another day.

3 comments:

Cheryl Troxel said...

I am so excited to see that you have joined the world of blogging. I can't wait to read all of the cute stories along with seeing all the pictures. And I haven't heard of Fuzzi Bunz - I will have to check them out. Love ya!

Melissa said...

You are so funny (although I will google Fuzzi Bunz later!) The blog is a great idea - I can't wait to read all of your stories. Gotta go - I think the children are breaking something...talk to you soon! Love, Melissa

Unknown said...

JUST WAIT!!! Since Will turned 15 last Friday, I am so far removed from all this wonderful stuff. Don't worry about kid-proofing things -- just make sure you only have things out that you don't like. Have you found the pink minkee yet??? I think Addie loved it so much she ate it! Love, Aunt Minkee