Tuesday, June 30, 2009

8 Months Old Already?


Our sweet baby girl turns 8 months old TODAY! Although sometimes it feels like she's been with us forever, I can't believe Lydia has been a part of our lives for 8 whole months! I guess once babies pass the halfway mark, it just keeps going faster and faster as they approach the giant age of 1 :) I keep trying to remind myself how FAST these little ones grow, but I also can't help it that I'm looking forward to her first birthday already! I see the love my girls have for each other now, I just can't imagine the amount of joy we'll be experiencing when they can run around together and talk to each other (in a language we can understand)!!! Here's a little clip of them being sisters, "bouncing" on the bed together...Lydia's little laugh just cracks us up!



One of the things I love the most about having two girls is the fact that they are SO different! Although they are beginning to look more and more alike physically, I can't help but think about all of the things that are different about their personalities. Lydia is definitely more of a snuggler than Addie ever was as an infant. I knew this about her when she was still in the womb...isn't it funny how mother's can tell things about babies before they are even born!?! Pretty amazing. Another big difference is their sleep habits ;( Which I might add, Addie totally takes the cake in that department! I am starting to think that God made Addie to be able to sleep through a war because He knew who she'd be sharing a room with one day ;) I know I don't have it as bad as some, but that doesn't make pacing the floor in the middle of the night any easier on my eyelids!

Teething has been rather rough for this little girl...and we're only on tooth #2! She's definitely not one to keep quiet about getting a new tooth :) I don't remember Addie handling it this hard, but who knows...I may have chosen to forget.

Miss Lydia has just started to do the army crawl in the last week or so. She especially LOVES going after things she is NOT supposed to have...which I find funny. I love the curiosity of babies! My favorite pose of hers is this one:


Push-up position and spitting all at once :)

She LOVES books...and there's no shortage of those around here!

My favorite part of this little darling is her sensitivity...yes, her sensitivity. Addie has always been Miss Independent and does things pretty much on her own time (she is rather sensitive at times too). I have a feeling that Lydia is going to be the opposite, always needing that extra reassurance before entering a new phase of life. She is SO sweet and sensitive and I can just see that trait when I look into her eyes. I love you, my little Lydia Mae!

2 comments:

The McCrary Family said...

I loved reading this special post about Miss Lydia. The video made me smile because you can see Lydia look at Addie with eyes of wonderment and amazement. You can tell she "looks up" to her big sister. Awww, I just love it. Isn't it fun, and you're right . . . the bond that they share will just continue to get stronger and be even more fun! Having two girls close together like that is the BEST!! I'll let you know about three here in a little while. ;) Emily is our sensitive one a well . . . not as outgoing as Elaina, and definitley needs reassurance. Thanks for sharing with us how special Lydia is! We love you and all of you, too!

Cheryl Troxel said...

Oh, Jessalyn, she is just such a sweetie pie. I love the cute video. I can't beleive how big she is getting. Time sure does fly by. We miss you guys!!!