Monday, May 5, 2008

Addie Updates

If you've read most of my blogs on here, you may already know that Addie has had some experience going to the bathroom on the big potty since she was about 7 months old. Not our attempt at potty training, just our attempt to eliminate the worst possible messes in her cloth diapers :)

For the past month or so, I have been putting her on the potty every time I change her diaper and she usually goes, but lately she has been going into the bathroom and getting her potty out to let us know when she needs to go. She LOVES her potty so much that sometimes she will carry it around the house and just sit next to it on the floor looking at it. (It sounds gross, but I assure you I clean it well). And sure enough, every time I ask her if she needs to go, she runs in the bathroom and drags the potty out. I know at only 16 months this is just the beginning, but at least she is showing interest :) Maybe we'll have it mastered by the time the new baby comes!
Yesterday, she had her first experience helping Daddy wash the van. It was pretty funny to watch her with the scrub brush and even more funny to see her pretending to spray it off everytime Chris was using the hose. She even made the "SSSSSHHHHH" sound the hose makes :) She's growing up way too fast and it seems like every little moment like this makes us enjoy her even more!

No comments: