Friday, February 1, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

Just thought I'd give a little update on Miss Addie Ruth and her busy-ness. She has been walking in full force since about a week after her birthday. And what a personality! She is extremely confident in herself, walking around swinging her arms lazily as if she's thinking, "I'm big stuff and I know it!" It's pretty entertaining to say the least. Recently at a friend's baby shower, she decided to be a helper and "approve" the gifts as they were opened...right up in the middle of the action--she's not shy--must be her daddy's daughter :)

Her newest "trick" is making animal sounds while looking at her books. When I ask her what a dog says (her favorite--she's been doing this one for a while now) she does a low muffled "woof." We'll even get an occasional "MOOOOO" when I ask what a cow says. Most of the others are just some sort of bark/quack/monster noise, but she'll get it mastered before we know it.

Speaking of monsters, she also has this new thing where she chomps at things like she's going to eat them, and even does it when she's really eating food. I have a funny feeling she learned this while mommy was out of town for a day a few weeks ago :) It's SO funny.

This chomping also goes along with the pretend eating that started right after I let her eat some snow. She'll carry around an empty container of some kind (she prefers anything from my tupperware cabinet) and grab the "food" and put it in her mouth and chomp over and over and over again. It's probably the most hilarious thing I've ever seen her do.

Here are a few more pics of our little MONSTER...


Best BUDS!

1 comment:

Cheryl Troxel said...

Oh, this makes me miss her even more. I can't wait to see her! I love the chompping thing - haha!