Sunday, February 10, 2008

Our New Addition


Well, we are now officially van owners! After many months of casually looking for the perfect pre-owned van, we found our new love two hours away in Illinois. Chris and I had our eyes on this one for a while before we decided to make the trip over to "see it" (translates to "buy it"). This past Saturday while my mom spent the day with Addie, we traveled to Marion, IL and met the "blue beauty" once and for all. Lovely! Our new mode of transportation is a 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring Edition. It is most definitely the nicest vehicle either of us has ever owned and it's our first one to buy together so I guess that's kinda special :)

It was almost a little sad to say goodbye to the Trailblazer (my big girl car I got after college graduation), but then we soon remembered what we were taking home in its place and the sadness disappeared. I know, I know, many people our age might be thinking "why would you want a van?!" Oh, it is so awesome and has SO much room. This one probably has more storage space than our house, for crying out loud! And supposedly 17 cup holders (I still haven't found every last one). And although Addie doesn't show any signs of being a soccer player, I already feel like the typical "soccer mom" with my new van. Notice I called it my van...I'm the lucky one who gets to drive it on a regular basis... Chris can have it on the weekends!!!

1 comment:

Cheryl Troxel said...

Congrats on the new van! It looks really nice. I know you will love it:) Happy Driving!