Thursday, May 20, 2010

Strawberry Pickin'

Life has been keeping us busy, especially with our house on the market and trying to keep two little ones happy. We are all doing wonderful (even baby #3) and enjoying springtime around here!

Last Friday, we ventured out to the strawberry pickin' patch with some friends and had a blast! This was a first for us and the girls and I really enjoyed it. I was a little worried about tackling the picking with both my rascals WITHOUT Daddy there to help, but they both did GREAT and I don't think any strawberry plants were ripped from the ground by the littlest rascal ;)

The rascal, working hard

You CANNOT go pickin' without a little taste here and there ;)

She truly was a good little picker

Big Sis finding the perfect berry

All the girls at the patch

When we got home, I had a VERY busy afternoon preparing all 8 lbs. 11 oz. of our strawberries :) We had strawberry shortcake for dessert that evening and I made plenty of strawberry freezer jam, which we had on our waffles the next morning. Mmmmmm, can't get enough of that stuff! I froze some of the berries, but I don't think they'll stay in the freezer for long because the girls and I are huge fans of smoothies for breakfast and I'm sure they'll get used quickly! This was a super fun experience and I'm sure it will be a yearly thing for us from now on. I never knew how much fun it would be to pick our very own strawberries :)

No comments: