Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Big Girl

I failed to mention this in the last post and it's special enough to be on it's own so here we go....Addie is potty trained! I was not even going to touch this subject with a ten foot pole right after Lydia was born, but Addie managed to do this on her own without any prompting from us.

She's been dry all day for about 10 days now (probably more, I have lost count). She loves wearing her "princess panties," and is even starting to work on pulling them up and down on her own. She gets a sticker every time she stays dry and goes on the potty and I thought it might be fun to collect them on a little chart on the back of the bathroom door...she had other ideas and decided it would be more fun to "collect" them on her belly each day. So at the end of the day, we end up with lots of stickers on her belly or the inside of her shirt :)

I am so proud of her, I could spit! She is officially our big girl now! (I'm singing the "I'm a big kid now" song in my head...is that from a pull-ups commercial or what?) WAY TO GO ADDIE!

5 comments:

The McCrary Family said...

That is awesome. Yes, yeah for Addie, but what it really boils down to is YEAH FOR YOU!!!!!!!! :)

Becca said...

Oh, that is amazing, Jess!!! I think first born kids are just smart :D Maybe not all the time, but Addie sure is a bright little girl! I'm sure that is a relief for you. :)

Melissa said...

Great job, Addie! Hopefully, Luke will stay in the potty-trained club with her!

Janice Knight said...

Love the new background!

The Brace Family said...

amen!!